Monday, December 8, 2008

11-27-08 Week Thirteen Thanksgiving

No class.
But there was turkey and my sister was condescending and my family played poker for way to long and were far to aggressive about the whole matter. Everyone judged what everyone else ate and I was accused of being bulimic. My sisters boyfriend refused to make eye contact with me but stared out the window looking trapped, as though he was going in the oven not the turkey. We did the NYT crossword aloud and criticized each other in the process, my sister suggesting my mother favored my answers, there was constant discussion about who should hold the puzzle and sit in the middle, everyone wanted the pen but no one wanted to be touched.
In the end I went home and snuggled with my cat and my boyfriend and was truly Thankfull that people no longer lived in the same house with their extended family.

No comments: